Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Issue

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have the following issue and I hope that someone will help me to solve this problem:

When a customer calls a number, it is forwarded to a Hunt Group with 3 members. Hunt Group has been configured with Longest Idle and Timer for 25 seconds. When all the 3 members are busy, the next call coming will drop. There is no other Hunt Group where I can forward the call.

Is there anyway to solve this issue.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Hello,

Have you considered making a general delivery mailbox for the hunt group in question, therefore, if all of your hunt group members are on a call, the call will forward to the general delivery mailbox, in which the caller can leave a message and all of the hunt group members will get MWI and return the missed call at their convenience.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi Kenneth,

The customer does not want to make use of a mailbox. I already advised them, but they want another solution.

Thanks for your reply.

Which version of call manager are you running. You may need to have the users in your hunt group use the Attendant Console software, which would allow you to enable queueing for your pilot number. See this excellent post from Rob Huffman:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc0b957/0#selected_message

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi Rob Huffman,

Thanks for your email. The customer does not want to use Attendant Console. Is there any other way to queue the calls and play Music On Hold before offering it again to the Hunt Group?

Thanks

Sure; it's called Unified Contact Center Express. It sounds like your customer is asking for a different feature set than UCM hunt groups provide.

Hi Kenneth Mohammed,

Is there a solution possible together with Cisco Unity Express?

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response, its been a busy day!!!

To answer your question, no. Unity Express won't support queueing either. I think the best way to go without having to purchase additional hardware or software is to use the Attendant Console feature. Other than that, I cant think of anything else that would provide the functionality that you seek. Sorry.

Hope that helped. If so please rate.

as long as the discussion about Atandant and call queue

in Rob post he said "The attendants cannot view the queued calls"

and i have seen that

i have a customer asking about geting thier receptionist to see queued call

is that possible with cisco atandant console

i mean if there is a call in queue listing to music the atandant console user need to see it its in the queue !!!

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: