cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID

almarcabato
Level 1
Level 1

Incoming calls from PSTN doesn't display the access code of the calling party on the IP Phone display. I have an E1 voice on Cisco 2851 SRST. My problem is that It only displays 7-digit number of the calling party. I expect it to display the access code or area code of the calling party. Does it have to do on my part or on my telco? Please help and thanks a lot.

3 Replies 3

If it's only local calls that have this problem, you can create a translation profile or translation pattern to add the access code.

If it's a H323/SIP gateway, you can add something like this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.......\$) /555\1/

!this adds a 555 to any 7 digit number

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip

session target ipv4:CCM

translation-profile outgoing 1

If it's MGCP:

You'll need to create a translation profile that will change the 7 digit number to digit using a calling number transformation.

Hi nicmath,

Thanks for your reply. The solution that you suggested works for local calls. What if incoming calls are from different access codes (for example.: 555, 444, 333, 222, etc.)? Or what if I'm not sure of the access codes prefixes of incoming calls? What I would like to happen is to display all the digits that the Telco is sending to my SRST router. During debug isdn q931...it only displays 7 digit numbers of the calling party.

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, 'xxxxxxx'

If your provider is not sending the access codes and it there is more than 1 possible access code for a number, it would be your provider's responsibility to send it to you.

If 'debug isdn q931' shows them sending digits that are ambiguous, I would start a conversation with them to have this fixed. There isn't a way we can 'know' what the codes are supposed to be. It's also possible that they're sending it via facility or another format later in the call, but this is less likely.

HTH

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: