Views
Helpful
Replies

MS PEAP, IAS and AP1200's

mark_Bayliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

We have around 40x 1200 access points and wish to implement MS PEAP with IAS as the radius server. We wish to have different VLAN's allocated based on group's within Active Directory. Is this possible? And no we dont have a controller.

If so, can someone point me in the right direction on how to set this up along with configuring the switches 2950/3550.

Thanks,

Mark

6 Replies 6

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Here is the URL for the PEAP Under Unified Wireless Networks with Microsoft Internet Authentication Service (IAS)

Follow the guide it may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080921f67.shtml

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to do this without a controller but would like to use the VLAN's from out switched network.

Is this possible? Cause I am not having any luck

Cheers,

MArk

Hi,

Even I am trying to configure PEAP with Cisco 1200 and Microsoft IAS. Unfortunately all documents on the web point to the steps on how to do it on WLC controller. My only query is, will my Cisco 1250 AP support PEAP?

Were you able to configure PEAP on your AP's?

Regards

Please open up a new discussion for any questions that you have.. the post looks clean if we use different posts for every different question.. By the way to answer ur question here is the link..

Yes 1250 supports PEAP with IAS / ACS..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801bd035.shtml

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

m-couvillion
Level 1
Level 1

I'm actually doing a proof-of-concept on this very thing right now. I am using 1242G's in standalone mode. I have two VLANs, one is our corporate Data VLAN (using RADIUS auth) and the other is a guest VLAN that's wide open. I'll try to post a sample config and I've found a couple of resources on the web that were quite helpful. Let me know what sort of issues you're having and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Were you able to complete the POC you mentioned in your post. If yes, then would it be possible to post the sample config you were talking about?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card