cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 Activation License Question?

blackhat2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,i want to know that can i install idsm-2 module and get it operational without installing license? suppose that i can get signature updates with cco account.so in other words idsm-2 can work with out upgrade considerations with no license installed on it?? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The IDSM-2 will itself operate. However you won't be able to install signature updates. Once you install them..they will install>>un-install displaying an error message.

I would *highly* recommend to purchase a signature license (even if its the IPS signatures only without hardware support..if possible).

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The IDSM-2 will itself operate. However you won't be able to install signature updates. Once you install them..they will install>>un-install displaying an error message.

I would *highly* recommend to purchase a signature license (even if its the IPS signatures only without hardware support..if possible).

Regards

Farrukh

Dear Farrukh

I think he means that is it require to purchase CON-SU1-WIDSBNK9-Cisco IDSM-2 Service - 8 x 5 x next business day to acticate the IDSM-2?

Kind Regards,

Dear Iman

There are multiple options while ordering this server. Its best to check with your Local Cisco AM/Partner for this if you are an end-user. If you work for a reseller/partner, the best place to check would be the Dynamic configuraor.

Regards

Farrukh

Dear Happs

about that license witch you told me that if you dont install license on idsm-2 you wont be able to install new signatures even if you get the updates with cco account.how cisco provides me this license? is it bind with my module serial number??i mean if i get license file for my idsm-2(A) can i install this license on other idsm-2 for example idsm-2(B)?

thanks.

The license key is bind to module serial number. If you have two modules you have to purchase two licenses.

nk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: