Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR:RME_CDL1031 and SSH

gudvardur
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to use NetConfig on devices using SSH and I always get this errror.

ERROR:RME_CDL1031:Transport session to device failed SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 172.22.0.7 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.22.0.7 - Cause: Connection refused.

I've only got SSH and TELNET enabled in RME and with SSH as the higher priority.

I've double checked the user credentials I want CW to use in Common Services... Do I need to check on other places? What could be causing this?

Regards,

Gudvardur

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Default credentials are only processed when the device is added to DCR. If you added these credentials after this device was added, it would not have inherited the default credentials.

Update DCR so that it has the correct credentials for this device, then you should be set.

View solution in original post

Select the devices under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, then click the Edit Credentials button.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error is almost always correct. It points to bad credentials in DCR for this device. You can do a DCR export under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management to view the credentials in clear text. Then, try using those credentials from the CiscoWorks server, and make sure you can successfully get into enable mode.

The username and password is empty, how can that be if default credentials are specified?

Do I need to specify this somewhere else?

Default credentials are only processed when the device is added to DCR. If you added these credentials after this device was added, it would not have inherited the default credentials.

Update DCR so that it has the correct credentials for this device, then you should be set.

This worked brilliantly,

Now one last question, if I need to change credentials for multiple devices in DCR, is there a easy way to do that?

Select the devices under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, then click the Edit Credentials button.

Fantastic! Thank you so much, jclarke! :D

Merry christmas to you.. :)

hello,

i am running the lms under version 4.2.4 and it happens to receive the same error message:

ERROR:CONFIG_CDL1031:Transport session to device failed SSH: Failed to establish  SSH connection to .....

I have double checked that the credentials are correct for the failed device using the 1)device credential report and 2)check device credentials  . Both of them succeed for the ssh...

Any ideas?

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: