Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI connection issue

bh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have hub and spoke environment that is connected via point to point link. For back we have ISDN PRI line at Hub side and ISDN BRI line at spoke side. When ever a site lose P2P connection it automatically connect via ISDN. Now the issue is that when there is two or more spoke site are having issue with P2P link and they connect through ISDN the is connecting but the data is not passing through the line

means lot of data lose and ping lose is there

HUB is Cisco 2800

Spokes are Dlink routers

any suggestion please

8 Replies 8

bh
Level 1
Level 1

Configuration of HUB router is attached.

if any problem is config or the best practice suggestion for this type of configuration

your config file is incomplete?

have you configured a dialer-list?

hey here is the full configuration file

the dialer-list is there but i forgot to put it in the earlier post.

Now here is the full config.

Let me know for the configuration related issue or some modification as for the best practice.

Hello Bhargav,

try

interface Serial1/0:15

no dialer rotary-group 1

dialer pool-member 1

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply

i will try and tell you if it worked or not

kindly explain the difference between the two of then.

Hello Bharghav,

the rotary-group is an older method the first one I used years ago

the dialer pool is the one used now provides more flexibility allowing different dialer profiles to share a pool of B channels.

And your configuration under dialer 0 interface is the one that works well with dialer pool commands.

Edit:

to test with dialer pool you need also to add

int dialer1

dialer pool 1

(this is needed also to use rotary groups)

Note in case of rotary groups config the following applies:

It is important that the dialer interface designator (in this case, 2) match the dialer rotary group

number. If these two numbers do not match, the configuration does not function properly.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

what about routing? how are you routing your packets? there is no "ip route" commands!!

I am using static routing and that part is fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card