Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect and Hunt Groups

Alex Bagaglio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Looks to me like a simple Question, however I wasn't able to find any Documentation or Posts on the Web…

We're using CUCM 7.0.1 with the Mobile Connect Feature that forward Calls to Mobile Phones.

The Mobile Connect enabled Line is also a member of a Hunt Group.

Now we're searching for a possibility to disable the Simultaneous Ring Feature for Calls who are entering the CUCM on the Hunt Group but enabling SimRing for direct Calls.

We've tried the HLog Feature but the Calls are Forwarded to the Mobile Phone when the Line is Logged in and Logged Out on the Hunt Group.

(as I found out, this is the expected behavior with HLog)

Also I don't think the Solution is provided with ACLs since ACLs are only configured on Calling Numbers.

Is there a possibility to disable SimRing for Hunt Group Calls while enabling SimRing for direct calls?

Thanks for all your Help

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, they're a shared line for all matters and will behave as such independently of how the call is extended.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, they're a shared line for all matters and will behave as such independently of how the call is extended.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks for your Reply.

In that case we have to live with it... :(

Regards

Alex

You could of course hunt the call to a second (non mobile connect) DN on the phone.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi there

why dont give every persone in that hunt group another line number (dummy) internall only

and make this second memebr of the hunt group

in the case mobile connect will be for the private original line

and hunt group willwork the same but the assocciated numbers will be diffrent

this will give the result you looking for

when call comes thorugh the pilot number it rings the ip phne only

when someone call the ip phone original number it will use mobile connect

hope this helps

TIM DEEM
Level 1
Level 1

In the mean time, if you've given those users the mobility softkey on their phones, they can use it to turn on/off mobility when they log in/out of the hunt group (which they can potentially also do remotely via the ccmuser page).  I don't know if that meets their need exactly, but would keep them from getting calls via the hunt group when they're not logged in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: