cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 5.0.4 - Missing Hostnames

tim.davies
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a problem with Campus Manager 5.0.4, everytime a Minor Acquisition runs it removes the IP addresses and hostnames from the User Tracking table. The Major Acquisition will re-populate the table with the missing data.

Any help would be very much appriciated.

Kind Reagrds

Tim

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure how this can happen. You'll need to enable "user tracking" debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > User Tracking Server, then let another minor acquisition run. Then post the ani.log along with a sample entry which lost its IP information.

Thanks for your reply, I have attached the UT.log and a sample of the data before minor acquisition and after.

Sorry it isn't the IP address information that is lost it is the hostname and the subnet information.

There are a couple of examples where the data (Hostname and Subnet) is missing before the minor acquisition but there are many more records (seveal hundred) with lost data after the minor acquisition.

Thanks for your help.

Looks like you found a new bug in CM 5.0.4. They changed the database insertion code so only the IP address is preserved between when the updated entry has no IP info. I filed CSCsw63454 to track this, and I created a patch which can be made available if you contact the TAC.

Many Thanks. I'll contact the TAC for the patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: