cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Bind Error

Marc Nunez
Level 1
Level 1

We use a 3825 router and everytime we load our configuration template we get an error. When the config reaches the Serial0/0/0:23 and 0/0/1:23 it inputs a command "ISDN bind-L3 ccm-manager". It responds back with "Call Manager backhaul registration failed. Unable to setup ISDN layer 3 protocol on interface". At the end of our load our ISDN "D" Channel on our VX900 (net.com) does not come up. If I remove the statement from either serial port, the ISDN channel on the VX will come up but the call is only ringing at the distant end and no voice. Afterwards, I will reboot the VX and only then will I be able to make successful calls. We also have MGCP control bind and MGCP media bind assigned to the Gigabit interface attached to the VX T1 and a Fast Ethernet for network access Via Telnet attached to the switch.

4 Replies 4

This error doesn't offer much insight into the issue. It can be caused by a number of issues, ranging from CUCM configuration errors, your router not having PVDMs, to provider issues.

Make sure your gateway is registering properly to CCM, and check for L2 errors on your PRI.

CCM register properly. When I remove "isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager" from the router and re-insert it, the channels will then come up. This only happens on the inital load of the config. As I am narrorwing it down, I am finding alot issues pertaining to "Configuring MGCP-Controlled Backhaul". As if it need to be configured. But anything pertaining to that tell me to configure a Bri backhaul. But the router does not have a Bri. Only serial, contr, gig, and fasteth

Why don't you take the short route and use H.323 instead.

Easier and predictable, less bugs and more features.

fittond
Level 1
Level 1

I just came across the same problem.

I'm sure this is resolved now but for future reference;

In my case it was caused by an ACL blocking communication with the CCM.

Check if there is a firewall or something else blocking comms with the CCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: