cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) Exchange 2007

israel.roybal
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 Cisco Unity attached to 3 diferent domains that have pure Exchange 2007, we need all 3 Unity to talk to each other using VPIM. Currently Cisco documentation says that the voice connector required for VPIM to work is not supported on pure exchange 2007 enviroment . Are there any plans for a voice connector that will be supported or is there another way to integrate these 3 Unity.

Links to Cisco docs where it says that it will not work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudgpdf.pdf (Page 4-8)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet070e.pdf (Page 7-3)

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Israel,

Unfortunately, if you're running pure Exchange 2007 and didn't have existing 2000 or 2003 servers, you'll need to wait until a new IVC is released. The target release time frame is along with Unity version 8.0 which is planned roughly for Q2 in CY09.

Brad

I am afraid that you answered my question as well, but I want to confirm...

I have my Unified messaging users on a Unity 5 box in the Exchange 07 environment. My voicemail only users are on 4.2(1) with an Exchange 2000 backend (in a seperate domain). currently, VPIM is configured, but not working.

If a UM user forwards a message to VMO {VPIM1234@mycompany.local}, they get a bounce back from the Exchange 07 box stating that the user does not exist. Further more, if a VMO user sends a message, it simply disappears. No error on EX2000, and no receipt on our Ex2007 box.

Our exchange admin states that we are getting the bounce-back because the smtp address on the VPIM contact references the Domain for which our 2007 server is the authority. Because the VPIM mailbox does not actually reside there, it rejects the message.

Is this the same or is it a different issue?

Sounds like the same issue to me. If you're doing VPIM between two locations like that, you're going to need the voice connector installed in each domain on each mail store (exchange 2000 and exchange 2007). Without there being a supported IVC for exchange 2007, it's not going to work.

Hope that clarifies,

Brad