cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.1c Reporting - Horrendous

richianaj
Level 1
Level 1

Is it just me, or has the reporting gone really down hill since the 4.1 upgrade. I know that it allows the ability to create reports, but I find it very limited. For example, I have a business application that we use over the WAE devices, and I would like to generate a report to show our clients the gains they are achieving from this on a weekly and monthly basis. There seems no way to tailor a report to one application and even to change the time frame on any report from anything but the previous 24 hours. Am I really missing something here. Is there even the option to do this from a CLI at the CM WAE?

Thanks,

Richard

5 Replies 5

DARYLE DIANIS
Level 1
Level 1

Richard, I don't think its you. I can't figure out much with the 4.1.1c reports. but to change from 24 hour reports: there's a tool/bar with table, chart, refresh, settings.

Click settings, then change the Time Frame for each report, you might have several tabs.

daryle

Thanks Daryle, but I've found that the change in time only works on the charts, not the actual detailed application or site information below them.

Richard

OK, I'll have to remember that when I get to that point.

daryle

nchidamb
Level 1
Level 1

Richard,

You will be able to create customized reports or use existing pre-defined reports. As soon as you login to CM you have the WAAS system wide (all WAEs in your network) report which gives you pre-defined graphs. These graphs time frame can be changed from 24hr (default) to weekly, monthly, or hourly bassis by clicking 'Settings' button at the top (located just above the graphs).

If you want to customize the graphs then you can do it by clicking 'Add Chart' button at the top (located in the same row as 'Settings' button ).

Under the 'Monitor' drawer on the left you have more reports / graphs available as well.

With 4.1 release the reporting functions were elegantly enhanced.

Cheers

Nat

Nat, thanks for your help, but I'm not interested in changing the time frames of the graphs (which I don't really think add that much anyway). I want to change the time frames on the more detailed traffic information that is on the lower section of the reporting section. For example I want to show in MB/GB the amount of traffic savings over a week/month/custom period for a certain application or a certain site. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: