CVP Studio do not play .wav file

Answered Question

CVP 4.0.1 SR1

ICM 7.2.4

It's an already up and running system I built 2 months back. Debug voip & voice application vxml all for working Studio script is attached as 'working.txt'

CASE 1 Issue

I made a New Studio script today with the name Damac_test and simply put a '5_option_menu' in it and a Audio Item under that '5_option_menu'. Deployed it and Sceduled the ICM Script with a new Dialed Number.

Calling that new dialed number gave me the CVP Male Voice error - we are facing tech issues...

In the 'debugs voip app vxml all' it shows that it is reaching/or atleast trying to reach the file as I did a seach on wav in the debugs. Attached as 'not_working - CASE 1.txt'

CASE 2 Issue

I changed the Studio Script to simply play an 'Audio' element with a wav file ALREADY working in another Studio script. Now when I call I do not get no error and I simply hear a silence for a few secomds and the call gets diconnected. In the debugs in this case I do not even see it reaching the wav file as there is no entry of .wav in the debug.

I do not know what I could be missing. Assist please.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Tue, 12/16/2008 - 16:07

Please paste a copy of a ...

'debug http client cache' and

'debug http client error'

I think this will easily show the problem.

Even if you have a very simple application with Subdialog_Start, Audio element, Subdialog_Return, you will get logging in the activity log.

You will also get a line in the call log when it runs the application. Check the call log and the associated error log in C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\logs.

Can you activate the first page of the application with a browser?

Something like http://:7000/CVP/Server?application=Foo. You should see page 1. You then should drop the call with http://:7000/CVP/Server?audium_action=hangup which will show the termination page in the browser.

If this works, check your ICM script that you are setting the params correctly.

You are rigth Geoff

I was checking for Activity Logs on Call Server 1 (I have two here) and it was not getting any Activity Logs.

I jsut discovered a new issue - All my calls are going to Call Server 2 only - I do not know why.

The Studio Script is like Start-> Audio -> hangup - no Subdialogs.

Anyways Avtivity Logs from Call Server 2 says:,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,newcall,,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,ani,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,areacode,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,exchange,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,dnis,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,uui,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,iidigits,NA,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,,start,parameter,clid=043731000,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,Audio_01,enter,,12/17/2008 10:10:10.843,Audio_01,interaction,audio_group,initial_audio_group,12/17/2008 10:10:10.875,Audio_01,exit,done,12/17/2008 10:10:10.875,,end,how,disconnect,12/17/2008 10:10:10.875,,end,result,normal,12/17/2008 10:10:10.875,,end,duration,0

Looks normal to me - but no Prompt is played. Correct Me?

The ECC variable user.microapp.media_server defines where the GS,Server,V will execute. If you use a keyword like "mediaserver" and the gateway has an "ip host" entry that maps this to an ip address, then that's where it will execute. Check your gateway.

No Subdialog elements?

You should choose the Cisco elements Subdialog_Start and Subdialog_End, with your Audio element in the middle. Make sure you put something in the Caller Input of the Subdialog_End or ICM will repeat the app. Check the Guide. Don't use the Hangup node in CVP 4.x and later.

Your trace shows that the element did not fail to find the WAV file - otherwise you would see a badfetch exception.

I tried with a SubDialog Start and Return with a Audio in b/w and in Call Input for Return I typed in 1 as I did not get any session data/elemt data to select from. Anyways I got the CVP Male error voice and Activity Logs showed the SubDlg Return failing.

So I created the Script as SubDlg Start & Return with a Menu in b/w and for Caller Input I chose Menu elemt-value element data.

Still I got CVP Male error voice.

I have the hostname ip entry in GW - its an up and running system with live scripts - just I am not being able to create any new scripts.

What is the WAV file you are trying to play? I often copy the path of the WAV file and add that (and the default audio path if you are using that) to a log entry of the element. Then the trace will show the WAV file I think I want - errors occur.

Is it possible that the HTTP client cache has this file in memory, and what is in this file is actually 2 seconds of silence?

Try running a simple PM microapp referencing the WAV file.

I am using a WAV file already working on a live script.

Yes PM microapp the file is working.

I have checked the Ude Def Audio Path checkbox

All my wav files are in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app

How do I copy the path of the WAV file to an element log entry - do I that that on the Menu element I am using or How?

This is not 2 secs of silence, and since I am using a file from a live script - might be it in cache -is there a cmd on the router to check the cached files?

You can put out custom messages into the log at any time. Each element has that ability on the first tab. Put something in the name (like "WAV"), put the value in there (copy the default audio path from the properties and copy the xxx.wav from the auio item - copy exactly and paste), and set the log to be "Before". Save, redeploy, update.

On the router, show http client cache.

OK you gonna kill me now - I do not know what the def audio path is and where to find that path from?

is it the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app as all my wav files are in there

and if yes so In the Menu elemnt fist General tab - under Add to log I see Name Value and Create, Name i ll give, Create 'll be Before and the Value has to be the path like:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app\welcome.wav - Right?

You set the Default Audio Path yourself (if you like) on the Project Properties. Then in an audio element you say if you are using it or not. Let's assume your web server is

(a) using Default Audio Path. Set this to (note trailing slash) and in the audio element, set the check box and make the WAV file foo.wav

(b) Not using Default Audio Path. In the element, make sure the box is not checked and supply the WAV file as

Nowhere would you refer to C:\Inetpub etc. Your wav file must be fetchable by the ROUTER using http. You can test this on the router by saying

audio-prompt load

where the URI is the complete expression

This Discussion