Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection license

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`m due to upload a new license file on a unity connection system soon

Do I keep the existing license file already in Unity and just laod and active the new one

I need to extend the number of ports in Unity- they are already configured in CUCM , do I just use the Wizard in CCM and manually add them in Connection?

On a slightly separate note the SI who originally installed and added the ports as follows though I do not know if they used the wizard or did it manually:

On the VM Wizard in CCM the VM server name is the default CiscoUM1 which I understand must match the name in the Unity connection port group - Device Name Prefix* however they have named it here as CiscoUM1-VI - this is correct ?- Is this the reason the issue I`m having below

For example I`m seeing "device CiscoUM1-VI3 is not found" in my CUCM traces, I can not locate it in CUCM but I can in Unity Connection under Telephony Integration>>Port as SCCP DEVICE NAME in the port page also the DN configured with it in Connection and in CUCM is the same -900604.

Is this because when the Unity Connection ports were added in Connection it was the 3rd port created so it took fit`s name rom DEVICE NAME Prefix* UM1-VI3 but in CUCM the correlation between the VM wizard and the DEVICE NAME PREFIX is wrong and so I`m seeing errors ?

VM seems to be working fine however

2 Replies 2

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

The prefix in Unity Connection and CCM should match. You may do it by using the wizard or do it manually

Thanks that`s what I thought. If I redo the ports, would it be best to delete then all and start again in CCM and Unity ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: