Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of LMS 3.0 with Cisco ACS issues

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have successfully integrated CWLMS 3.0 with ACS and also able to login into LMS server but I am facing the following issues after integration:

1. LMS server is too slow if I use ACS users credentials.It approximately takes 2 to 5 minutes if I navigate any page of LMS portal after authentication.( I do not face this issue if i use local authentication.

2.DCRServer service frequently goes down.

3. DFM devices are not synchronised with DCR.

I am using windows 2003 server for LMS .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Add an entry for the ACS server in the LMS server's C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. This should restore performance.

2. This could be due to CSCsu84143. If the pdshow command shows that DCR is running when you see this message, then you can contact the TAC to get a patch.

3. By default, DCR auto-sync is not enabled for DFM. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and make sure auto-sync is enabled for all devices in DCR for which you want to manage.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Add an entry for the ACS server in the LMS server's C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. This should restore performance.

2. This could be due to CSCsu84143. If the pdshow command shows that DCR is running when you see this message, then you can contact the TAC to get a patch.

3. By default, DCR auto-sync is not enabled for DFM. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and make sure auto-sync is enabled for all devices in DCR for which you want to manage.

Hi Jclarke,

Thanks for your help. LMS is performing well now with ACS integration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card