Detection of a Disconnected Calls - CRS QueueManager

Unanswered Question
Dec 16th, 2008

Hi,

We are currently running IPCCE 6 (ICM 6 and CRS 3.5) I'm trying to catch call hang ups (user disconnects) on our auto dialer campaigns.

How can I capture those calls that hang up?

I was thinking of using the On Exception Goto step, I was reading that when the caller hangs up, an exception named ContactInactiveException is created but the document also says that "The On Exception Goto step should never be used when CRS is installed as an IP-IVR or QueueManager, as it will cause call routing issues in an IPCC Enterprise environment."

Is this absolutely true?

What could happen?

Has anybody done/used this?

thanks

Link to referenced document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00803be925.shtml

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
LuisYrigoyen Wed, 12/17/2008 - 12:45

I'm trying to detect when somebody hangs up while listening to a greeting played in the CRA (Queue Manager) but I got it to work already.

I was using the On Exception GoTo step in a CRA script that also had a Call Termination step. I guess it doesn't like this since is really ICM who owns the call.

thanks

roman3mcisco Mon, 03/23/2009 - 18:56

I am trying to do the same. I would like to detect when customers have hunged-up during a self-service application. As per document that you attached, it reads that "On Exception Goto" must not be used when using IPCCE. How did you resolved the issue? Thanks

I used it anyways, I think the document refers to an IPCC Express box being used as IP IVR. But I also asked this guy that has years of experience (he's with our vendor cisco partner) and he said that there was no problem.

I'm currently using the ContactInactiveException in all my IVR scripts used for the outbound campaigns and it works great; no problems so far. What they emphasize though is to used a Clear Exception with every On Exception GoTo.

roman3mcisco Tue, 03/24/2009 - 15:29

Fantastic, Thanks very much for the information. I will try it then.

regards

roman3mcisco Thu, 04/23/2009 - 21:03

For some reason, it did not work.

Do you have to use the "On Exception Goto" step before each "Get Digit String" step within the script or just once at the beginning of the script??

Christian.galdos Tue, 09/29/2015 - 11:31

Hi,

I know is an old post but were you able to resolve this issue.

I have added the OnExecptionGoto (and the Clear) but the calls still disconnects and don't do whatever i'm trying to do on my label for the exception...

Any tip on what logs to see to catch the actual error?

thank you

For the help

Xtian

Actions

This Discussion