cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN authentication error 427

firstbusey
Level 1
Level 1

I have Altiga 3000 VPN concentrator trying to use RADIUS authentication on W2k3 boxes with IAS installed. Client is Cisco VPN version 4.8 and 5. Base group setup and logs in fine. When asking for user/pass, it always fails with error 427. looking at logs it thinks the username/password is wrong. If I try enough times, Active Directory will lock me out. I know user/pass is correct.

Windows event log shows user was denied access. Have tried this on various boxes setup for RADIUS configuration. Same error always.

Let me know what else info is needed.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure authentication password had expired and therefore was promptly disconnecting my tunnel after you supplied your login information; hence the 427 reason code. After you reset your password, then successfully authenticate and establish your vpn client connectivity. So, you might verify that your username and password for authentication are correct and/or not expired.

If that is not your issue, then I found this page that states that it could possibly be a IP address allocation issue from the vpn server/concentrator

I am confused on the authentication password. Where is that set at? I have a shared secret between the concentrator and the RADIUS server, but that wouldn't expire.

Also, what page were you referring to? I did not see any link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: