Views
Helpful
Replies

DS3

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

What's the lowest cost router that will support a DS3, no need to channelize, all data.

Thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alex,

The NM-1T3/E3 on a 2800 ISR will be lowest cost. But, that is without any services running on the router. If you are planning to run any services on the router along with line rate DS3, I would look at the 3845. This chassis gives you Full-rate T3/E3 with concurrent services. Example, QoS, ACL, Security Features, etc. Please refer the below URL for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps4909/product_data_sheet09186a008010fba2.html

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Support it in the sense of providing an interface or support it in the sense being able to support full DS3 bandwidth?

actually both, we need to install DS3 card and provide DS3 bandwidth to the WAN connection.

Thanks for your reply

Alex

As Arul notes, Cisco would normally recommend at 3845. However, the 3825 seems to usually work well with a full DS3 too. From performance specs, a 2851 might come close, but haven't seen one in operation with a full DS3.

I have seen a full DS3 on as small as 2811, but it maxed when you tried to go much above 15 Mbps (duplex).

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alex,

The NM-1T3/E3 on a 2800 ISR will be lowest cost. But, that is without any services running on the router. If you are planning to run any services on the router along with line rate DS3, I would look at the 3845. This chassis gives you Full-rate T3/E3 with concurrent services. Example, QoS, ACL, Security Features, etc. Please refer the below URL for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps4909/product_data_sheet09186a008010fba2.html

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

this is fantastic, I didn't know there is NM module for T3.

thanks again for great answer.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: