Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet access on 2948G-L2 with CatOS

worldcalltel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3524XL-IOS connected to 2948G-L2-CatOS via fiber. And those links are trunk links. those two switches has a management IP. The problem is from 3524XL, I cannot ping nor telnet the 2948G-L2. But when I issue a show cdp neigh details from 3524XL, it can see the 2948G-L2's Management IP Address. May I ask if I am missing something on the 2948G-L2 ?

5 Replies 5

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi paste the configuration of both switches.

Also quickly check the trunk configuration on both switches !!!

see attached file.

It looks like they have a port channel setup on the 3524 side but not on the 2948 . Unless there is a reason for the etherchannel statement on 3524 I would remove it , other than that it looks ok . Trunks are set nonegotiate and on and the native is 1 on both sides and the address ranges are the same on both . Don't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

That's the weird part. It doesn't work. Do you think it is a bug on the CatOS ?

I would remove port group 1 from the 3524 if its not etherchanneling and then use switchport mode trunk on the interface . Also on the catos I would use set trunk 2/49 on dot1q . Don't think its a catos issue , have never had a problem with trunking or etherchanneling on catos , very stable .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card