WLC Management Page not responding

Unanswered Question
Dec 17th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm facing a weird problem which's the WLC management page will not be responding after a certain periods say about 2weeks. Then i've to reset the WLC system in order to get it works.Internet surfing will not be affected when the management page not responding but the local web authentication page yes as the local system held the GUI files. I'm thinking whether this's a software bug or what. Anyone has the idea?

Btw, the WLC system that i had is an integrated machine with 3750G switches.

regards.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

i had the same problem when im upgrade software 4402 to 5.2 version.

try with this:

There can be several reasons associated with this issue. One common reason can be related to the virtual interface configuration of the controller. In order to resolve this problem, remove the virtual interface and then re-generate it with this command:

WLC>config interface address virtual 1.1.1.1

Then, reboot the controller. After the controller is rebooted, re-generate the webauth certificate locally on the controller with this command:

WLC>config certificate generate webauth

In the ouput of this command, you should see this message: Web Authentication certificate has been generated.

Now, you should be able to access the secure web mode of the controller upon reboot.

Regards

Antonio.

orochi_yagami Thu, 12/18/2008 - 17:29
User Badges:

Mine is using the software version 5.0.148.0.So by using the method as you specified, you managed to resolve the problem permanently? I tried search any similar symptom on Cisco web but unfortunately no result has been found.

regards,

etmarcof Tue, 12/14/2010 - 09:02
User Badges:

Hi,

Have you manage to solve your problem?

I also have 5.0.148 code and suddenly i couldn't acess to management page.

Thanks

Best Regards

MC

George Stefanick Tue, 12/14/2010 - 16:48
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

are you trying to access the WLC while on wireless or are you hard wired?

Actions

This Discussion