Enforcing stateful firewall on VPN Clients with ASA

Answered Question
Dec 17th, 2008

Hi,

I'm setting up a Cisco ASA to terminate remote VPN client connections but I want to ensure that the stateful firewall is enabled on the client.

I know that this is possible with the VPN Concentrator but can't see any documentation detailing this can be achieved on an ASA.

Anybody come across this?

Thanks,

James

Correct Answer by andrea.meconi@c... about 8 years 2 months ago

I believe you can use the group policy settings to configure client firewall.

You can find more informations about this feature in the migration guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migrate.html.

Hope this help.

Andrea.

Step 1 Under the Configuration > VPN > General > Group Policy panel, select the group policy in the table and

click Edit. ASDM displays the Edit Group Policy dialog box.

Step 2 Click the Client Firewall tab. Figure 5-6 shows the client firewall options configured for this example:

• Inherit-unchecked (disabled)

• Firewall Setting-Firewall Required

• Firewall Type-Cisco Integrated Client Firewall

• Firewall Policy-Policy Pushed (CPP)

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
andrea.meconi@c... Wed, 12/17/2008 - 05:05

I believe you can use the group policy settings to configure client firewall.

You can find more informations about this feature in the migration guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migrate.html.

Hope this help.

Andrea.

Step 1 Under the Configuration > VPN > General > Group Policy panel, select the group policy in the table and

click Edit. ASDM displays the Edit Group Policy dialog box.

Step 2 Click the Client Firewall tab. Figure 5-6 shows the client firewall options configured for this example:

• Inherit-unchecked (disabled)

• Firewall Setting-Firewall Required

• Firewall Type-Cisco Integrated Client Firewall

• Firewall Policy-Policy Pushed (CPP)

Actions

This Discussion