cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-521

hmglobcom
Level 1
Level 1

I dont get the CP-521 phone to register to my UC500. I have the 12.4.11-XW9 IOS and there is a .bin file which I have put as tftp-server, but what about the load statement under telephony-service, what should I specify as load for the 521 phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looking closer:

You have your service module IP address defined as your CME address. This is very wrong.

Change:

telephony-service

ip source-address 192.168.200.1 port 2000

ip dhcp pool IPT

default-router 192.168.200.1

option 150 ip 192.168.200.1

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

It isn't required to specify a phone load for a phone to register.

Make sure that you're getting an IP address on the phone, and that the phone is correctly defined on the UC520. Make sure the MAC address matches, and make sure you've got a 'type' command defined under the ephone dn. As well, make sure that you have an actual DN defined or it may look like it's not registered when it actually is.

'debug tftp events' will help you determine if it's downloading the correct files or not.

HTH,

nick

I have specified the mac-address under the ephone and also created an ephone-dn.

I can see when I run "debug tftp events" and debug tftp packets these messages. It seems like the phone doesnt find everything. I have also an 7931 phone that gets an ip address an loads the files from the tftp statement but it won register, I have created the ephone and the ephone-dn as well for that one.

Do you have any suggestions?

If the debug tftp events show only requests and nothing 'finishes' then you have configuration problems. The .cnf.xml file will not be created on the router until a 'type' command is configured under the ephone configuration.

Every phone needs 3 things:

Button to DN assignment (unless you want a useless phone)

'type xxxx' configured

'mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

You can try this as well:

telephony-service

cnf-file per-phone

When the phone looks for SEPxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml, the debug tftp events should show a 'finished' for that file.

hth,

nick

The type command is set to "type 521G" under the ephone with the mac-address of the phone.

In the display of the phone it says "connecting..." and in the debug its not finding the necessary files. And in regards to the 7931 it finds the software and downloads it but wont register.

Is the CP-521SG working with the 12.4(11)XW9

or should I go for 12.4 X7?

Can you post the ephone config, the ephone-dn config, and the debug tftp events for the 521?

Please see the attached file with the debug and the ephone and ephone-dn config.

Try this configuration

telephony-service

cnf per-phone

no create cnf

create cnf

The phone is downloading the default XML file, so it's getting something. It's just not getting a phone specific file.

I get this error, "CNF-FILES: Clock is not set or synchronized, retaining old versionStamps" but is the phone really depending that the clock is correct, I'm setting this up at home locally.

I also added the config, maybe I'm blind and are missing some vital config.

Try changing this:

ip dhcp pool IPT

option 150 ip 192.168.250.2

hth,

nick

That didnt work either. Any more suggestions?

In my world this should work, I have never seen the CP-521SG before but even the 7931 doesnt work.

Looking closer:

You have your service module IP address defined as your CME address. This is very wrong.

Change:

telephony-service

ip source-address 192.168.200.1 port 2000

ip dhcp pool IPT

default-router 192.168.200.1

option 150 ip 192.168.200.1

hth,

nick

And that worked, I knew it was something simple but you go blind after a while. Thank you from the bottomm of my heart, you saved my christmas.

Have a nice christmas and take good care!

One last question, one of the CP-521 phones gets an error saying SPCP Register Token Rejected and the tftp output is added as an attachment. Read that someone else had a similar problem and was solved by tftp'ing new firmware to UC500. But I have the latest.

I have removed and added the ephone and ephone-dn and also did a factory reset on the phone.

Any suggestions?

SPCP is a modified SCCP protocol for the UC520.

You will need to run 12.4(11)XW8 or later on a UC520. This should work after that, however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: