cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading 5510 ASA and ASDM

thellco01
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to cisco and have a question about upgrading the ASA and ASDM. We have a new 5510 that shiped with ASA 7.0(8) and ASDM 5.0(8). I have uploaded ASA 7.2(4) and ASDM 5.2(4) via the Gui but how do I get it to load the new .BIN files?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

boot system flash:asa802-k8.bin

You'll want your image name of course. For ASDM-

asdm image disk0:/asdm-602.bin

Again change the line to match the ASDM image file name.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

boot system flash:asa802-k8.bin

You'll want your image name of course. For ASDM-

Again change the line to match the ASDM image file name.

Hope that helps.

That worked But I had to run the boot system flash then reboot and then run the asdm image. Other wise it was giving me un reconized image file.

Thank you very much.

Previously I uploaded asa802.k8.bin and asdm-602.bin to the asa5505 in disk0:

I was running asa7.2(4) and asdm 5.2(4).

I used asa 7.2(4) and upgraded to asa802-k8.bin using the asdm 5.2(4) interface.  After the reboot I could not use the asdm because of the software mismatch.  I hooked up my console connection and tried to issue

to update the asdm but I get an error 'invalid input' with the caret pointing to the 'i' in image.

Everything I read says this is the way to do it but the asa does not seem to like the command.

Has the command changed in 802 or am i missing something?

JoeDanieli

Fixed my problem.  Since I only deal with the asa when I have problems I forgot the config terminal command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: