IPCCx5: Monitoring and Recording

Unanswered Question

Hi all, I have a problem regarding monitoring and recording an agent.

I have the following scenario:

1 7971

1 7920

1 IPCommunicator

The notebook of the agent (desktop agent installed on it) is connected to the 7971.

The supervisor runs the supervisor desktop and has an IpCommunicator.

I have two networks but no vlans on that, because the network swtiches doesn't support vlans. Devices from one network can reach devices on the other and vice versa...

I am using the 7921 to call the trigger. When the agent answers the call, I go to the supervisor desktop software and start a recording. When I try to reproduce the file, only silence is there.

The same thing happened when I tried to just monitor the agent's conversation... nothing.

As part of the troubleshooting I have tried the following:

1- Run the post install application on the agent and verified that the interface used for sniffing was correct.

2- Run the post install on the IPCC server. I set one interface for database and the other for monitoring and recording.

3-Made some tricks to the registry of the agent because it has a broadcom nic.

4-I restarted the service for monitoring, recording and also the whole server.

5- I verified that the recording and monitoring was enabled on the server, and also checked that the parameter that stablish the amount of sessions for recording was not cero.

6- I run the desktop admin on the server and verified that the agents are enabled for recording and also specified the recording server.

I don't know what else can I do.

Anyone has an idea?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)

I installed wireshark on the CAD PC. I can see the RTP packet flow of the two phones, so I believe that "span to pc port" is working fine.

Can anyone say me what should I expect to see at wireshark when I press the recording button on the suppervisor desktop? and if I press the monitoring button?

Remember that wireshark is monitoring the traffic of the agent PC.

Thanks a lot for your help.

safety2008 Wed, 12/17/2008 - 10:58

Sorry, been trying to find my documentation. I was under impression that hard phones used v-lan in this app. I very may well be wrong. but maybe you could try communicator to communicator, as it was my belief that ipcomm did not use v-lan.

metalium2007 Thu, 02/12/2009 - 14:06

I was having the same problem. Disabling G.722 advertising on Enterprise Parameters solved it.

This Discussion