cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extention Mobility Device Profiles across hardware

erb
Level 1
Level 1

i've got a device profile built for extention mobility to replicate a 7941, when that user logs into a 7945 they are missing their second line...

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

configure the default device profile for all the models you're going to use

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

ok great. i'm sure that will do the trick. Thanks. Could you provide the procedure for that?

actually the default device profile does have both models configured. But this is on the right track, if i rebuild the user's device profile as the 7945 then both lines show up when logged into a 7945phone, but then when they go back to a 7941, the second DN doesn't show up.

ok, have you configured a default device profile for 7941 with 2 lines???

HTH

java

HTH

java

neither default device profiles are configured with two lines, but each individual device profile is.

Tried to add default device profile with two lines but there's already a default device profile for this model (albeit with one line)

well, then that's why it's working that way and is totally expected. device profiles are FOR A SPECIFIC DEVICE AND ONLY WORK AS CONFIGURED ON A SPECIFIC DEVICE MODEL.

if you expect to use other device YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE THE DEFAULT DEVICE PROFILE WITH THE PROPERTIES YOU EXPECT TO SEE. if you leave the default device profiles with 1 line... you get 1 line. if you don't configure speed dials and you have them on UDP... you get no speed dials on other model.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you very much. It seems i don't know how to do what i want. I have two types of extention mobility users, most have only one line but some have two. There are at least these two types of phone that they could be logging in to.

simply configure default device profiles with 2 lines, if they have 2 lines, they'll get 2 lines. if they have 1 line, they'll get 1 line.

there is no more logic to this, if you configure 2 lines and you only have one you won't get magically another line

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you. i'm sorry for being so stupid. i certainly don't expect magic i'm just trying to understand.

don't worry mate, we all started at some time and had to learn all this.

so, let me put it this way.

a UDP is for a specific device, and meant to provide FULL functionality on that device.

if you expect to use ANOTHER model. then you need to create a basic profile for users to use, IE

i have a 7970 with 8 lines and want to use a 7940, i need to create a basic profile for the 7940 which will only provide 2 lines, since it does not have the same capabilities probably not all work but the basic functionality will work.

if i have a 7970 with 1 line and use a 7940 with a basic profile for 2 lines i'll get only that line.

if i have 1 line 1 speed dial, but 7940 has only 1 line, i won't get the SD.

HTH

java

HTH

java

oh ok. thanks!

had same problem. this got me in the right direction, but what do i do with multiple configurations with a 7965. We have UDPs for:

3 line, 3 speed dial

2 line, 1 service, 2 speed dial, 1 intercom

6 lines

we can only create one default profile, what do we configure it as? 6 line?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: