cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Detail Records

Amien7049
Level 1
Level 1

i'm running 7.1 .. where can i find this table? i'm tried to find some details about the calls that where actually made.. is Call Detail Records only in older versions? does something need to be installed?

or i'm i just looking at the wrong forum

thanks in advanced.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You are probably wanting to look at the Termination_Call_Detail table.

I STRONGLY urge you to first read the Schema document and look carefully at the warning about querying this huge table on a production system.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for your reply.

will look into the termination_Call_Detail .. are all the calls is there that are made? inbound and outbound?

is call detail records table only for old versions of cisco?

and

is it not even save to just pull limit 100 records from the table just to test some data?

otherwise i can only extract data at night?

All calls are there. Call Detail Records (CDR) are on Call Managers - maybe Express too (can't remember, it's been so long).

Please read what Cisco say in the Schema Guide. That is the definitive advice on looking at this table.

That said, when looking at the Termination_Call_Detail records on an HDS, it is safe to limit yourself to 100 or so rows.

If you know the approximate call rate (both inbound and outbound combined) you can estimate how many minutes you could look at to see 100 or 200 rows.

Then set up your SQL query to span this many minutes through the column DbDateTime. The best way to do that is with setting a couple of SQL variables, the first the start_time as a string you can change, and start_end using DATEADD(xx) to add the right number of minutes.

Then your query limits to where DbDateTime > start_time and DbDateTime <= end_time.

This way you can be sure you have not accidentally launched a bad query that can easily affect the HDS.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks again..

last question .. those variables (variable1..10) .. where can i set these? they are all empty at this moment.. need the accoutnumber there

Set it in your ICM script after your DB lookup. Then it will be in the TCDs for all eternity. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff