Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling ID issue with CTI Route-Point

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

I have a CTI Route-Point which has 8888 as extension. The route-point is pointed to a route-list and then to a route-group which has 5 members. The members of the hunt-group are not able to see the Caller ID/Name for the incoming calls (PSTN). All they see in the phone screen is the message "forwared to 8888". This is not what we want, we need to see the Caller ID/Name. Please note that this issue is only for the calls distined for 8888. I am using the Time Period Routing.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Bahman,

Normally, you would only "front end" the Hunt Pilot with a CTI-RP if you want to show the Forwarded CLID (the actual CLID should show once the call has been answered). To receive the direct CLID you would just make 8888 the actual Hunt Pilot DN. I just tested this out in the lab :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Bahman, just a quick question have you configured the display/alerting name on the DN for the route-point? I would expect to see forward for instead.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks Allan,

The problem is we need to see the caller ID/Name and not the forwarded or Number message. Does call setup in the route-point works the same way as it does with a regular extension? Why we can't see the Caller ID/Name with a route-point?

Thanks,

Hey Bahman,

Normally, you would only "front end" the Hunt Pilot with a CTI-RP if you want to show the Forwarded CLID (the actual CLID should show once the call has been answered). To receive the direct CLID you would just make 8888 the actual Hunt Pilot DN. I just tested this out in the lab :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

That's great Rob, it worked :-) I never thought the system will allow me to have a CTI-RP and a Hunt pilot with the same DN.

Thanks big time. You deserve more than 5 points my friend.

Hi Bahman,

Good stuff buddy! I'm not sure about having the CTI-RP still active with this idea. It was more of an either/or type reference so make sure to keep an eye on anything "funky" happening.

Happy Holidays!

Rob

I will definitely keep my eyes open but so far it works as I wanted. I am not expecting to see any weird things happening because both CTI-RP and the Hunt Pilot are in two different partitions and probably that's why CCM is not complaining about using 8888 in two different refrences.

Thanks again,

MK

Hey MK,

If these are in different Partitions you should be good to go :) That also explains why CCM let you set it up with the same DN.

Great work!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: