cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple channels open on PRI for 1 call

mlabuguen
Level 1
Level 1

Once in a while i receive a threshold alarm (>15 channels being used on our QSIG PRI trunk). I then view call detailed history for the trunk on CDR Analysis and Reporting Tool and notice multiple channels being opened by a specific calling number to called number. As an example, during a 2 second period there up to 10 channels that are opened by the same source/destanation call. The origination and destination leg IDs are different for each call so I know that CUCM is involved with setting up each call.

Did anyone experience this before? It happens maybe once or twice a day, quick spike on channel utilization and then utilization goes back to normal 3-4 active calls.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Marvin

3 Replies 3

You'll want to run 'debug isdn q931' on the gateway to see if this is a false alarm from the alarms, or something funky with monitoring.

akascarface
Level 1
Level 1

Im haveing the same problem! Its freaky. I noticed it happens when a call comes in to a unassigned DID. ISDN should be sending back unallocated/unassigned number but instead the call just stays connected infinitely and the channels incrememnt until all 23 are gone. If anyone know the solution please help. My ios is 12.4(20)T

I rebooted my CUCM box and the problem has since gone away.