cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backups in LMS 2.6

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

I was performing a backup and it did not write if the backup was successful to the dbbackup.log file located in /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ directory. It was the first generation so it created the 0 directory, rmeng, cm, dfm directories. I noticed a .LOCK file in the 0 directory. Is that suppose to be there?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LOCK file remains until the backup completes. It sounds like someone or something killed off the backup script while it was running.

So should I try to kick of the backup again to see if it works. Also, the .LOCK file had 0 bytes. Can I delete it?

Sure. Before you start a new backup, you must manually remove the LOCK file.

I removed the .LOCK file, kicked off the backup again, it created another LOCK, but when I went in to view the dbbackup.log file, there was no history of the backup starting. Also, the last backup failed because of the LOCK file. Is there something else I could look at to see why it is failing.

Do this. Remove the LOCK file, then, as root, run:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/backup.pl PATH

Where PATH is the desired backup location. Make sure this runs successfully. If it does, there may be a cron issue with casuser being able to run cron jobs; or cron jobs being prematurely terminated.