cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Waiting Indicators

Chris Alvarado
Level 1
Level 1

I setup up a call handler for our main line. Our Unity system is handling the setup. All our departments main lines had to be put in the unity system. However all the main lines i had put in the unity are now showing a blinking envelope and a red light on the phone, indicating a message is there. However on the callmanger side there is no voice mail on the line. How do i get rid of the message waiting indicators?

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

It is Exchange that notifies Unity that there is a new message and then Unity notifies CCM to turn on the light.

You might want to see if there are messages in exchange.

Having said that, just dial the MWI off code on the phone and the light will turn off and the blinking will stop.

Hope this helps

Randy

What is the MWI off code? Thank you again.

In callmanager you set this in Featur > Voicemail > Message Waiting.

In Unity it is set in the Utim (Message Inigrations) tool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny300.html

Select the version of ccm.

Randy

Hi -

The default after greeting action for call handlers is to take a voice message, check on the Call Handler's greeting page. I'll bet the messages are getting sent to the Example administrator's inbox, which is created by default when Unity is installed. You can confirm this by going to the Call Handler's Messages page. If the call handler's extension is also showing as a directory number on phones, then Unity would sent the MWI lamp instruction to those phones, regardless of whether or not there was voicemail coverage on the DN.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: