cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NT VLAN problems

laglet_deven
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I have a problem with the WinNT stations on my net. The LAN wasnt segmented, so, we began a VLAN project.We segmented only one wiring closet,as a pilot.By now, we dont have any rules or access list over the vlan interfaces to restrict trafic.The pilot was succesful witch the 2000 and Xp stations: it gets DHCP fron a server in other segment, and open the applications from other servers like exchange, file server, web, etc..But the NT get DHCP but cannot log into the domain. from one XP station in that VLAN we cant see a shared resource in a NT server in the servers segment. Ideas? I have permited a helper address to DHCP server, domain, WINS and the proper server NT. I have ping of couse to the server, but i cant see the files! What else can i do in the switches? i have a CORE Cat 4507 and access switches Cat3560.Thanks a lot for your opinions to help me resolve this issue.

3 Replies 3

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

do you have a WINS server?

yes. i do have a WINS server. but neither IP or name works. I 've already configurate the WINS server IP on the helper address statement on the interface.

Help it doesnt works!

Edit the host file on the Winnt Server for FQDN-IP mapping as well as the hostname to IP mappings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco