cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure 3560 Switch to act as Gateway

stephen.lewis
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 3560G switches and would like to configure each switch to act as a gateway, instead of everyone accessing a single gateway, is this logical or not.

2 Replies 2

williamsdo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I read your post and you can configure each switch as a defould gateway for your access layer devices, workstations and VoIP phones. You do this by creating a Vlan on the switch, you then assign switchports to the vlan. After this is done on your workstations you configure the TCP/IP setting with the Vlan IP address as the default gateway, now when the workstation send a layer 3 packet it will exit the vlan interface which will have to be a trunk link between your switches. this configuration will require more admin duties from you, dynamic DHCP is a much easier option. I have a link below that should be a big help to you. HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009478e.shtml

Thank you this will help, have a great day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card