Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIVR HA Mode

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what is the difference in the server state of IVr server in active and passive mode? what are the components/services which are active and which are passive?

I plan to write an external program to execute a CRS script using HTTP trigger.

Then what logic should I use in my program to sence the active/passive IVR server to sense the failover for redundancy?

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

When you first configure the HA, you must specify an HA-Primary and HA-Secondary. Initially, the HA-Primary is the active, and the HA-Secondary is the standby (passive), but the active/passive roles are not permanently assigned. If the primary goes down, the secondary (standby) becomes the active. When the original primary restarts, it assumes the backup role.

Hi,

thanks.

But what is the difference in HA-Primary and HA-Secondary in terms of the windows/CRS application services e.t.c.?

From my application I use the url http://CRS server IP address/appln name on CRS server

to initiate the IVR application/script from primary CRS server.

But what should I check on this primary server so that it can switchover to secondary server, if primary is down.

Basically on what basis I set the logic in my application to detect that the prim IVr server has failed.

Thanks

Hi,

currently I am running into the same issue / question. Have you found a solution on how to find the active node?

Hi,

Go to control centre, the active server will show 'M' for master , the passive server will show 'S' for slave.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: