Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Default Audio Path

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

CVP 4.0.1 Sr1

All my media files are in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app location.

On Studio - Project Properties - Audio Settings - Def Audio PAth URI - I specify the path as:

http://10.1.17.18/en-us/app/

My question is there a way to provide two locations here - as I have two servers?

And if yes - will it be primary & backup or Round Robin?

What is the best practice recommendation to point the def audio path settings if you have two servers?

5 Replies 5

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Normally you would have a content switch like the 11500 recommended in the BOM for CVP. You could also use DNS but that will not failover if one of the servers becomes unavailable. The third option is to use a HotEvent to recover from a failed media server and change the URI for the default audio during the call. I don't think the mediaserver/mediaserver-backup method will work for the VXML Server only for Micro-Apps. I have always used the Content Switch so I would need to test these in the lab first before I can say definite. Best practice would be the Content Switch.

Another technique is one that I have used in the absence of a CSS.

Can you code Java? I wrote a Java custom action element that is the first element in the application. It uses HTTP to fetch a small test.htm file located at the root of each web server. The settings have the IP addresses of the two Media Stores configured.

If I can fetch the file from the first, then that defines a session variable that is used throughout. If not, the second IP address defines the session variable. When I deploy the app to one VXML server, the first setting is the Media Store on that side; when I deploy to the VXML server on the other side I favour the Media Store on that side. The idea is that if the side is up, the Media Store is likely to be up - rather than fetching from the Media Store at the other side. But if for some reason the Media Store there is down, the app will tell the gateway to use the other Media Store.

The applications are long, self-service apps so the small hit at the start to fetch the tiny HTML file is negligable.

The default audio path is not used - each audio element spec is full path to a WAV file made up of a combination of session variables.

Not as good as a CSS, but workable.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Would you be willing to share that Java script ole buddy ole pal? :)

I am not Java programmer but I want to see the code for something like that. I want to get my hands dirty with it.

So there is no 'cvp configuration' way to achieve this?

zhchunyo2008
Level 1
Level 1

Providing that the routing client name is like CVP%_rc

Set ECC variable as below:

user.microapp.media_server = concatenate("http://",before("_rc",Call.RoutingClient),":7000/CVP")

on router:

ip host CVP1 10.1.1.1
ip host CVP2 10.1.1.2

ip hostname strict

don't change any default audio path anywhere else, like in project properties, application modifier, etc.

just check Use Default Audio Path for audio settings.

enjoy!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: