cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Cannot seem to do Device Discovery

feba.sunny
Level 1
Level 1

I tried discovering devices usng Campus Manager 5.0 but cannot do it. The devices show unreachable even if the SNMP string is correct. Do I have to put the LMS in the same domain as the devices? I tried manually adding the devices with no luck.. Pls help.. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You must make sure your Discovery filters allow the device in question. You must also make sure the device is SNMP reachable from the Campus Manager server (e.g. allowed by firewalls or ACLs).

My firewall has permitted SNMP service to the device. But how do I check my Discovery filters and modify them? Pls help.

Device Discovery filters are defined under Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > IP Address Range.

Sorry, I have already tried that.. I put the whole network in the filter but the Discovery results are showing UNREACHABLE.. This is the first time I am using CWLMS. So a bit confused.. In the documents it said that if devices are Unreachable during discovery then it is due to Credential problems but I have submitted correct credentials. Still nothing is being discovered.

Please post your NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.properties.

I have installed LMS on Windows. Could you tell me where to find the details u need?

It's the same path. NMSROOT is the path into which LMS was installed. By default, this is C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: