cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static route not showing up

bruce-hunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There, Im trying to enter a static route on a 3750 so I put in the route using the #ip route command but when i do a #show ip route static its not there , any suggestions

7 Replies 7

Hello,

You need to be in the config mode. the privelege excec mode# is not the correct one.

best regards

Sebastian

Its unclear from my post but I am actually in config mode and the router accepts the command without any errors it just doesnt show up in the sh ip route

use this following command to to see static routes.

Router#show configuration/run

shiv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bruce-hunter,

Having diploma qualification with sound knowledge on CCNp (r&s) and 3years of experience in network ,Can i become CISCO employee.

Kindly guide me on the same

Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,

Shiv

Hi Bruce-hunter,

How can i restore the 3750 SWITCH'S ios WHEN I ERASED FLASH OF THE SAME SWITCH. Is there any way to restore the ios of switch.

Kindly guide me on the same .

Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,

Shiv

charles.spaid
Level 1
Level 1

The switch needs to have ip routing enabled before that statics take place. Otherwise you will have a default-gateway.

Try entering "ip routing" on the switch - that should take care of your problem.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bruce

In addition to Charles post about making sure you have ip routing, a static route will only be entered into the routing table if the next-hop address is reachable. So does your routing table know how to get to the next hop.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card