Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE, SIP trunk and Transcoder

j.gimbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Cisco Unity Express.

It works great when I call it from internal calls, but I can't call it from outside.

We use a sip trunk to made calls from and to outside.

So if I try to made a call to a users with a ip phone, its works great.

But it doesn't work when I try to join the directory number of the cti port corresponding to the CUE.

I think it's a problem of transcoding, because the trunk sip use g729 and cue g711...

But I configured a transcoder, and it works for remote site which call in g729, but it doesn't work with ouside calls.

Is someone have a idea?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a transcoder issue, check out this link, there's some config guidance at the bottom:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Try:

voice service voip

allow sip-to-sip

I forgot to say that I use a CCM v5.1 and a VG 2851 with CUE 3.0, not a CME...

I try on the VG

voice service voip

allow sip-to-sip

but it doesn't work.

Try making it so that the region to region codec for an outside call to CUE uses G711. You may need to create a new region for CUE to do this.

Ok,I created a new region for the CUE. I will try to play with the region to region codec.

I tried and it doesn't work.

The Sip Trunk is on a region and the CUE is on another one.

I tried to configure the transcoder on the same device pool than the sip trunk and than the CUE, without result.

I tried to change the codec between sip trunk region and CUE region, without result.

I really don't know how to do ...