Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE, SIP trunk and Transcoder

j.gimbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Cisco Unity Express.

It works great when I call it from internal calls, but I can't call it from outside.

We use a sip trunk to made calls from and to outside.

So if I try to made a call to a users with a ip phone, its works great.

But it doesn't work when I try to join the directory number of the cti port corresponding to the CUE.

I think it's a problem of transcoding, because the trunk sip use g729 and cue g711...

But I configured a transcoder, and it works for remote site which call in g729, but it doesn't work with ouside calls.

Is someone have a idea?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a transcoder issue, check out this link, there's some config guidance at the bottom:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Try:

voice service voip

allow sip-to-sip

I forgot to say that I use a CCM v5.1 and a VG 2851 with CUE 3.0, not a CME...

I try on the VG

voice service voip

allow sip-to-sip

but it doesn't work.

Try making it so that the region to region codec for an outside call to CUE uses G711. You may need to create a new region for CUE to do this.

Ok,I created a new region for the CUE. I will try to play with the region to region codec.

I tried and it doesn't work.

The Sip Trunk is on a region and the CUE is on another one.

I tried to configure the transcoder on the same device pool than the sip trunk and than the CUE, without result.

I tried to change the codec between sip trunk region and CUE region, without result.

I really don't know how to do ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: