cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR not Discovering

simon.bell
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having a problem for about two months that I can't seem to get a resolution from TAC on so I thought I'd try here (SR 609853735).

DCR is not consistent in accurately discovering new devices on our network. I've run through our discovery config, debug logs etc. and it simply fails to discover new networks. It usually discovers new devices in a network it already knows about, but if we bring up a new site, it simply fails to add the devices and I in turn have to do it manually. Any suggestions?

LMS3.1, ACS integrated (yes the devices are in ACS), Windows 2k3 svr

Simon

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From looking at your Discovery config, the most obvious problem is that you don't have seed devices in your new ranges. These new networks would have to be CDP reachable from your existing DCR devices, and it's not clear from the notes that that is the case.

If you can prove that a new device is CDP reachable from an existing DCR device, then I suggest you escalate your service request, so that more in-depth analysis can be done.

I just uploaded a Screen Shot of the router for the Device in DCR, and a "show cdp n detail" from that device proving it can see the missing devices via CDP.

I can see that development is already engaged on this, but you could also have your service request escalated.

Just adding a question to it...

is it possible to have Device discovery on SNMP only??? We donot Run CDP in our network due to certain security policies.

And i tried adding a Seed device and selected to go beyond router boundries.. but i just desont' anything other than the seed device..

any suggestion??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: