Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco PIX

Hello,

Have a cisco pix 515E that is booting each certain time during day.

Caracteristics of PIX are:

Hardware: PIX-515E, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz

Flash E28F128J3 @ 0xfff00000, 16MB

BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

Please anybody can suggestion to that problem???

Im attaching the show crashinfo.

Thanks very mucho for your answer.

10 Replies 10

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did this just start, or has it been going on since Monday?

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hello John, device has been function fine during 3 years.

one week ago begin with this problem.

What time of day does it reboot? I noticed that it was at 8:00PM that it created the crashinfo. I also see that mguerrero modified the config on monday at 8:00PM. Do you know what that change was? What's going on at 8:00PM every night that you can narrow down?

Client request me to review what was happening with pix, so i procede to review with my user mguerrero.

The only activities over pix was backup configuration and upgrade the firmware to 8.0.

Device reboots randomly during day, don't have specific hours.

The crashinfo and the new information attached now was done in 15/12/08 between 18H00 and 20H30 during testings and reviewing of the device.

Did you upgrade firmware because of this issue, or did the issue exist and you were upgrading to try to fix it? I'm leaning towards you contacting Cisco. It could be a memory problem.

HTH,

John

John

i was trying to fix the problem... thinking could be a firmware problem.

But the problem is the same with firmware 7 or firmware 8.

Hi,

Looking at the tracebacks, your issue closely matches Bug ID CSCsk97830. But, the interesting part is the bug mentions crashes in Failover Pair and I dont think you are doing failover. So, not 100% sure that what you are running into is the bug mentioned above or the crash can also occur in Non-Failover Mode but is not documented in the bug notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/release/notes/arn804n.html

Please open a TAC SR and provide them with the crashinfo/tracebacks and they should be able to assist you with this crash.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate all helpful posts*

Ok Thanks for suggestions

Np. If you find the bug id, please do update the forum, so others who run into similar issues can benefit out of your post :-)

Regards,

Arul

Hello,

Today have tested with another cisco pix and was the same problem of reload..

Im attaching the crashinfo for your suggestions..

Something aditional is that when i try to navigate from mozilla cisco pix reloads automatically, while internet explorer dont cause problems.

your comments pls.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card