Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulate Outbound for Subnet

lxcollin1
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have a multihomed multi-tenant BGP environment that I would like to manipulate outbound traffic based on source IP address. Is there anyway other than PBR to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Lehi

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lehi

I can not think of a good alternative for manipulating outbound traffic based on source address other than PBR.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. If PBR is the only solution, what kind of performance hit will I take if I enable PBR on my DFC enabled Cat6k?

Thanks,

Lehi

Lehi

The impact of implementing PBR may vary depending on how complex your PBR route map is, the amount of traffic that it processes, and what else is running on your Cat6k. But I would expect the impact to be pretty small.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Lehi

As Rick says it does depend on how complex your PBR setup is. PBR is supported in hardware on the 6500 but there are restrictions and you should be aware of these -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/layer3.html#wp1027016

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card