cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What lisence is need to manage IVR

red123456
Level 1
Level 1

Hi how can I know the pricing details for the licenses.

1.Fabric Manager Server Package

2.Family Enterprise Package

And also want to confirm its per Switch or per Fabric?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

You need to talk to your local sales representative about the price. What it cost me is probably different just because of what currency I use. I have always been of the opinion that IVR should be part of the standard licence as it is something you find that you need generally after you purchase your first switch.

Also, I heard that Cisco are going to enforce FMS licences.

All licences are per switch basis.

Morning,

The whole licensing thing bugs me around the MDS'. When they first came out there was no licensing (although ivr was not in the first release) there was no fcip license nothing!

Until (i think) 1.2 then the fcip license came in etc...

I guess they have to make money some how!!

Thank you Stephen .. thats watt we gonna do it today

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

You didn't say which model MDS this is for, so I just chose a 9100 for discussions sake. Below is list price for the fabric manager and enterprise licenses. These are licensed per device.

MDS 9100 Fabric Manager Server license for 1 MDS 9100 switch USD 7,000.00

Enterprise package license for 1 MDS9100 series switch USD 7,500.00

I hope this helps.

The initial thought was to include the revenue from licenses in the product price, but feedback from the SAN customer forum indicated that customers did not want to pay for features they did not use. That and the fact and Brocade and McData licensed advanced features led Cisco to license the advanced features like FICON, FCIP, and IVR. At least that is the 'party line' on how licensing came about.

The 9100 series does not support IVR, so as was suggested, you should check with your local MDS contact and use your MDS model for the inquiry. 9100s can be edge switches in IVR, but the do not require Enterprise license to do so.

IF you are looking at using IVR over FCIP to limit the FC control traffic over the IP link, then IVR is included in the FCIP license. (FC-FCIP-FC) If you plan to use IVR with no FCIP, then as noted, Enterprise License is required.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thank you all for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: