cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH and Call Park

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unified Communications Manager Business edition 6.12 with a gateway using H.323. Is there some reason Music on hold wouldn't work in call part in this scenario or where should I look to confirm I have music on hold setup correctly for the parked calls. If a user just goes on hold on a phone they receive the correct music on hold.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd check the device pool, MRGL for the involved devices to make sure they have an MOH available

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Park should use system hold while hold should use user hold. Maybe system hold is not set up properly.

How would that be setup correctly then or where should I be looking?

check your MOH file, MOH servers, and do create MRG and MRGL, then finally assign to your device pool.

HTH

regards

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar query.  I have CUCM 6.1.3 and MoH whilst a call is park isnt working.

My primary question is, are the Call Park numbers assigned to any specific Device Pool?  The site attempting to Park the Call is remote from the CUCM Servers so will the call renogiate region, i.e. initially its G711, will it change to G729?  Not sure where you would set the Region/Device Pool for the Call Park numbers?

Hi

Park numbers don't get involved in the media negotiation. When you get parked, you get put on hold,  so your media comes from the MoH servers, and that is where your settings are.

For example:

1) Call comes in via gateway X in dev pool X

2) Call goes to phone Y

3) Phone Y parks the call

4) Media is negotiated between an MoH server from the MRGL associated with Gateway X; so codec choice based on regions and locations bandwidth will be checked between Gateway X and the MoH server.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: