Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to 6.1.3

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Has anyone upgraded to 6.1.3? Is 6.1.3 a cumulative of all bug fixes in the 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 train?

Please let me know your thoughts on whether or not 6.1.3 will be a stable release. Any help appreciated. Tahnks

Jason

12 Replies 12

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

6.1(3) has some very important fixes in it and it is expected to be a stable release. I have already upgraded a lower environment system for one client to 6.1(3) on the release date and have not had any issues thus far.

But what about if you want to upgrade 6.1.3 system to 7. What should you do then?

Should Cisco implement upgrade from 6.1.3 to 7? Can anybody answer me this question?

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Jason,

Yes 6.1.3 includes cumulative fixes for 6.1.2

prety stable I would say.

LeeSnyder_2
Level 1
Level 1

Point to note, You can not upgrade to V7 currently from 6.3, only 6.2 so if you are planning an upgrade may not be worth it as I had to downgrade prior to upgrade.

How did you downgrade from 6.1.3? Its not letting me load the 6.1.2 version so I can upgrade to 7.0(2).

Did you just start from scratch and load 6.1.2.

Hello, robray

I didn't clearly understood you post.

You want to say that there will be issues if I want to upgrade from CUCM from 6.1.3 to CUCM 7 by first downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2?

With 7.0(2) it does say you can upgrade from anything above 6.0(1a) so the issue upgrading from 6.1.3 may now be resolved.

When you attempt the upgrade which I did via FTP it did say unsupported but that was to 7.0(1). As I had upgraded from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 I was able to swap the active partitions back to 6.1.2 to upgrade to 7.0(1).

I was wrong here - Looks like still no direct upgrade to V7 from 6.1.3 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40074

What should I do If I wanted to upgrade from 6.1.3 to 7? Will Cisco implemetn solution to direct upgrade or it will be possible only after downgrade?

UCM 6.1(3) was released after UCM 7.0(1). Because of this, a direct upgrade is not possible. We expect the next release of UCM 7.x to support a direct upgrade. Whether they decide to release 7.0(3) or move directly to 7.1 has not been decided at this point.

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

6.1.3a is now available

You will need to wait for CM 7.1 if you want to upgrade from 6.1.3, 7.1 is just around the corner though.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: