Views
Helpful
Replies

Extended the greeting time!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

One of my users want to create a greeting (for instance standard greeting for CallHandler or Subscriber), but it only allow 1 min and 30 sec.

Is there anyway to extend the length of time?? I look up the Unity Tools, but can't find any.

Thanks

Ken

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

This can be changed :) My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Happy Holidays to You.

I changed the setting at COS, and assign to a subscriber. However, it still goes up to 1 min and 30 sec.

Do I need to reset the unity??

Ken

Hi Ken,

Unity should not need to be reset here. I have never seen this not work ?? Is the Subscriber the owner of this Call Handler? Can this subscriber record a personal greeting longer than 90 seconds? It almost sounds as if this change to the COS didn't save properly.

Let us know,

Rob

The COS that I just created is only for subscriber use. Not to CallHandler.

Thanks

Ken

Rob,

I know the reason now. Since I RTP into Unity and record the greeting by clicking record red button at the subscriber, I need to assign administrator right to the subscriber.

If user uses their phone to set up the greeting, then I don't need assign administrator right to it.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Nice troubleshooting here! +5 points for this kind follow-up and in sharing your resolution to this issue.

Cheers!

Rob