Views
Helpful
Replies

Extended the greeting time!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

One of my users want to create a greeting (for instance standard greeting for CallHandler or Subscriber), but it only allow 1 min and 30 sec.

Is there anyway to extend the length of time?? I look up the Unity Tools, but can't find any.

Thanks

Ken

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

This can be changed :) My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Happy Holidays to You.

I changed the setting at COS, and assign to a subscriber. However, it still goes up to 1 min and 30 sec.

Do I need to reset the unity??

Ken

Hi Ken,

Unity should not need to be reset here. I have never seen this not work ?? Is the Subscriber the owner of this Call Handler? Can this subscriber record a personal greeting longer than 90 seconds? It almost sounds as if this change to the COS didn't save properly.

Let us know,

Rob

The COS that I just created is only for subscriber use. Not to CallHandler.

Thanks

Ken

Rob,

I know the reason now. Since I RTP into Unity and record the greeting by clicking record red button at the subscriber, I need to assign administrator right to the subscriber.

If user uses their phone to set up the greeting, then I don't need assign administrator right to it.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Nice troubleshooting here! +5 points for this kind follow-up and in sharing your resolution to this issue.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: