Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView problems with Cat6k IOS within LMS 3.1

zentner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

recently I updated my LMS from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and downloaded the available patches also. Now I do have problems within CiscoView on devices of type Cat6k IOS. The device package which I use is of version 30.0 (seems to be the latest one). On the devices itself IOS version 12.1(23)E1 is running. The problem exist with line cards of type WS-X6548-RJ-45 or of type WS-X6548-GE-TX. Port settings (physical) can't be modified regarding speed and duplex mode. Speed settings are not subject to change anymore, duplex settings can be changed from auto to something else but afterwards it is not possible to change it back to another value. In the network there are 4 Cat6ks running IOS. I don't have this problem on Cat6ks running hybrid software. There these cards can be configured as expected. Has anyone come across this behaviour? I did not found a bug ID regarding this but this seems to be a bug. Any ideas how to go on further?

Kind regards,

Markus

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Issue the show queuing interface interface-id command in order to verify the port settings and configurations.

When you issue this command, you can verify these classification parameters, among other parameters:

Whether port-based or VLAN-based

The trust port type

The ACL that is attached to the port

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008014a29f.shtml#limit_linecards