Views
Helpful
Replies

Title, Unity5x/Exchange 2003/messages after migration

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen:

On September 12, 2008 we migrated from Unity4x to Unity5x everything went fine with the migration for the most part. Just to make things clear, I am not a true UC or Unified Communication shop.

However, I do use the UC capability to retrieve users Voice Mail/.wav files to archive and for evidence is some cases.

The problem is this… I have a user that has saved messages from back in 2005 or 2006 on their 7960 phone that are of a personal nature and extremely important to her.

With her Outlook Web Access client I can see all her voice mails including the one she wants.

BTW the dates stamps on VM's are wrong and show the earliest VM's to be September 12, 2008…the date of our migration….which I hear is common.

Further information as follows:

Under Unity COS I have the “Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder” radio button is checked. We never deleted messages.

I have no scripts or policies configured to move or delete voice mail.

The problem is when I go to listen to or save the .wav to a folder, I get this warning “Please treat this as Personal” and the .wav is not presented for download.

All the message after September 12, 2008 are easily downloadable.

Is there anyway around this? My next step is to tell her to record the VM's directly off her phone with conventional recording device.

Thanks, Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What did you use for migration? If it was COBRAS you can use it's MDB viewer application to go fish voice mails out of the backup in raw WAV format if you like.

As for the date, that's an Exchange thing - When you insert the message and then go try to change the original send time, it will tell you "OK" but it lies - they don't let you monkey with the send time stamp via the interfaces we have to use. Importing onto Connection those time stamps get set correctly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What did you use for migration? If it was COBRAS you can use it's MDB viewer application to go fish voice mails out of the backup in raw WAV format if you like.

As for the date, that's an Exchange thing - When you insert the message and then go try to change the original send time, it will tell you "OK" but it lies - they don't let you monkey with the send time stamp via the interfaces we have to use. Importing onto Connection those time stamps get set correctly.

Hi Lindborg,

Yes it was COBRAS.

I assume the MDB viewer lives on the OLD CM box, where COBRAS was installed?

Is MDB viewer part of COBRAS?

Thanks, Tom

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah, COBRAS includes the MDB viewer to let TAC and myself review backup details and/or get at the messages - you can get it on the COBRAS home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

just run it and open the message MDB file from your backup and it'll show you a giant grid of all the messages - sort by alias to find the person you want and all their messages should be there. You can extract them one at a time into WAV files - a little clunky but it'll get you what you need.

Hi Lindborg, That is all I need. Thank You and Thank You

Tom