cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On-net site codes

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

I am currently bringing multiple sites into CUCM 7, all connected via IP. These sites have overlapping dial-plan's, and changing from 4 to 5 digit dialing is not an option.

I would like to utilize site codes. I found documentation that utilizes route patterns, but I do not see how a route pattern would work as I am not using a route list to reach the other sites. The other sites would essentially be seperated by partitions.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to use a translation pattern to strip the site code and send the call to the DN in the proper partition.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to use a translation pattern to strip the site code and send the call to the DN in the proper partition.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the response. This is helpful.

Would this be a typical solution:

Site A

A-DN-Part

A-SiteCode-Part -> Containing TP's

A-Unres-CSS -> Containing only local route partitions, VM etc.

Site B

B-DN-Part

B-SiteCode-Part -> Containing TP's

B-Unres-CSS -> Containting only local route partitions, VM etc.

A-TP

81.XXXX

Partition -> A-SiteCode-Part

CSS -> B-Unres-CSS

B-TP

82.XXXX

Partition -> B-SiteCode-Part

CSS -> A-Unres-CSS

Thanks for the help!

Yes, that is correct. You would configure the translation pattern with a digit discard instruction of PreDot which would strip the 81 or 82 and then ring the proper extension.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks so much.

How do you typically handle a centralized Unity implementation in this environment?

I guess that I could have a pilot per site that would have access to the voicemail ports, and all users mailboxes would be site-code + 4digit.