cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877 bandwidth maxed out

Rex Biesty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. We have a Cisco 877 device connected to an ADSL line and plugging into our LAN which has a Microsoft SBS 2003 server and 5 clients. The 877 is showing 100% bandwidth utilisation even with all clients switched off (though we haven't switched the SBS off yet) and this is affecting browsing performance. Does anyone know of any issues with either the 877 or SBS which might cause this? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No issues that I'm aware of. I had several clients that had SBS. What is using the cpu? Can you narrow it down by process?

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thanks for the reply John. CPU usage on the SBS is normal, though memory usage is high but I attributed that to Exchange which seems to grab any spare memory. There are a few apps on the SBS that I'm not familiar with and the AV seems to have expired (the initial install wasn't done by me, I'm inheriting someone else's problems) so we may need to look at them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card