Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy with Sup720

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having with 2 Sug720 -10G modules for a 6509 chassis. The standby supervisor is coming up as unknown status and the reduancy is showing as down when i do a show redundancy state.. The config I have applied is below

redundancy

keepalive-enable

mode sso

main-cpu

auto-sync running-config

Am I missing a command? Is anybody having similar issues with these supervisor modules?

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Derek,

Are you able to console into the standby supervisor and make sure it not stuck in rommon.

HTH,

Mark

the second supervisor is stuck in rommon.

Is tehre a way around this?

You can type the command "boot". I would also make sure the config-register is correct on your standby supervisor to make sure it doesn't sit in rommon upon reboot. type "confreg 0x2102" in rommon, then type "reset".

Mark

i have tried this and this does not boot the switch. I presume the image is corrupt. Is there a way around this? can i not copy the image from the primary sup to the backup sup

Is there a command to do this?

Not from rommon. what is the output of "dir bootflash:"? Also if you have a compact flash card you can copy the IOS from the primary and boot the standby from the CF card. If not you may need to use xmodem to load a bootable image from rommon.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card